This is the home of CyberPointers, the internet-only chapter of the American Needlepoint Guild. So why are we here? Our members all love needlework and love to share that passion with others. Some members live too far from a face-to-face chapter, some members are looking for more educational opportunities, and other members just love chatting about needlepoint on the computer. All our members are saving time for more stitching by not driving to a meeting, and we’re all using our technology to make our world a little greener (no gas, remember?).
Are you not a member yet? Look around the site for more info on what we do and how we work. Then join us and have some needlepoint fun! You can also learn about needlepoint and opportunities to help the community on our Outreach Page.
Since we are an online chapter all chapter business is done via Yahoo! Groups that are open for CyberPointers Members ONLY.
Meetings are the first Thursday through the following Monday of each odd numbered month (January, March, May, July, September and November). Attendance will be taken each day of the meetings for quorum purposes. Meetings are open to members of CyberPointers only. You can become a member by going to the join page.
The schedule for the educational program during upcoming meetings is:
- November 3-7, 2016 – Isle des Arbres by Gail Sirna. Registration now closed.
- January 5-9, 2017 – Enchanted Stash by John Waddell. Registration open November 7, 2016 – January 9, 2017.
- March 3-6, 2017 – Zuni Sunset by Toni Gerdes. Registration open November 1 – December 15, 2016.
- May 5-8, 2017 – Elegance Cubed by Kurdy Biggs. Registration open December 15, 2016 – February 15, 2017.
- July 6-10, 2017 – Autumn Crackers (CPB) lead by Jo Ann Jackson. Registration May 25 – July 10, 2017.
- September 7-11, 2017 – Jackpot Frameweight by Sandie Cormaci-Bowles. Registration open May 1 – June 15, 2017.
- November 3-7, 2017 – Petite Sampler (Rozashi) by Margaret Kinsey. Registration open June 15 – July 28, 2017.
Upcoming Educational Opportunities
CyberPointers offers a variety of educational opportunities throughout the year with a variety of workshops, ANG Correspondence Courses, and other surprise projects. A variety of techniques led by well-known teachers/designers as well as CyberPointers members make up the schedule. Some of these opportunities are for members only and some are open to all stitchers.
Our member-created Classic Needlepoint Quilt Designs and Ruby Ribbons – A Sampler of Needlepoint Stitches, a book from the sampler our members created for the ANG’s 40th anniversary are available for ordering. Please see their individual pages or the main product page for ordering information.
Our chapter dues are $12 per year and our membership year runs from January to December. Dues are pro-rated for partial years according to the following schedule:
- Jan 1 – Feb 28/29: $12
- Mar 1 – April 30: $10
- May 1 – June 30: $8
- July 1 – August 31: $6
- Sept 1 – Oct 31: $4
- Nov & Dec will be included with next year’s dues
Go to the join page to become a part of CyberPointers.
Note: You must be a member-in-good-standing with the ANG to be a member of CyberPointers. To join the ANG please go to http://www.needlepoint.org/membership.php